Who are Mentors?
Mentors are CertWORK+ ‘advisors’. They volunteer their time to support, suggest and guide candidates throughout the assessment process. They have no power to determine whether a candidate can ‘pass’ the certification process. Mentors provide support to candidates throughout the program.
What are the benefits of being a CertWORK+ Mentor?
Being a CertWORK+ Mentor can help you:
- Gain a deep understanding of a National Certification program for the manufacturing industry
- Play a key role that would make a difference – ensure that candidates are well prepared for the assessment process
- Gain an understanding of competency-based systems
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Develop leadership and management qualities
- Increase confidence and motivation
- Engage in a volunteering opportunity valued by employers
- Benefit from a sense of fulfillment and personal growth
What are the roles and responsibilities of a CertWORK+ Mentor?
A Mentor’s role is to help candidates prepare for the assessment process.
Mentors are expected to:
- Explain in more detail what the Standards, Competencies and Performance Indicators are
- Explain what kind of evidence candidates must provide for assessment purposes
- Help candidates decide whether certain pieces of evidence follow acceptable guidelines for assessment
How can I become a CertWORK+ Mentor?
You can apply by downloading the application form. You then submit the form to the Registrar of theCertWORK+ Program